Digital Arts Academy for the Deaf (DAAD) is a social enterprise focusing on the education/ upskilling needs of the deaf community in India. The company aims to deliver “Accessible Practical Education” for the Indian deaf community initially
Mission and vision
Our Mission is help the deaf population reach their full potential and live productive lives that contribute back towards the society
What is a problem facing the deaf community?
• No Skilling opportunity for Deaf especially in Technology Sector
• Not enough education content available for Deaf (Sign Language)
• Lack of Trainers who are proficient in Sign Language
• Deaf people with good technology interest are hunting for an
• Opportunity to learn and experiment new things
• Lack of awareness of among the Deaf Community
What is Daad and how we are addressing the issue?
DAAD is India’s first Edutech startup catering to the deaf community. Started by four deaf women entrepreneurs, DAAD plans to bring out an ISL-based education platform focusing on the needs of the deaf community in India (initially). The vision is to include video-based courses to educate/ upskill deaf people/ gradates to improve career prospects. Education programs will focus on technology-based courses/ subjects and general skill development. Programs on Photoshop, Tally, Social Media marketing among others. Will empower deaf land jobs and bring them to the mainstream.
Who is behind DAAD
The people behind the success of DAAD is Team
What are the courses available
The courses available in the platform were Adobe Photoshop, Python, HTML, etc
For enquiry and to clarify your doubt, please send Email as our instructors and support staff and deaf